POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Stupid Question : Stupid Question Server Time
5 Sep 2024 10:27:29 EDT (-0400)
  Stupid Question
From: Tom Melly
Date: 22 Feb 2001 11:48:16
Message: <3a9542d0$1@news.povray.org>
I want to make a pigment of 3 mandelbrots, each one positioned differently,
at different rotations and scales.

I have my mandel pigs, but I can't work out how to lay them on top of each
other.

Essentially, I want to use the average function - e.g.

pigment{
    average
    pigment_map{
        [basepig]
        [man1]
        [man2]
        [man3]
    }
}

The trouble with this is that it doesn't leave the pigments alone. How do I
accomplish this?  (btw the areas outside the man. set are rgbt 1).

At the moment, my kludge is to lay 3 separate objects on top of each other,
each one given a different mandel pig.